[Digikam-users] aspect ratio crop tool

Dan McDaniel dan at dm3.us
Mon May 16 16:42:35 BST 2011

I have noticed that very often the Aspect Ratio Crop Tool does not crop
accurately, but will be off by pixel.  So, for example, if I want  a 5:4
aspect ratio which should be 1.25 the crop will be off by a pixel and
give a ratio of 1.2499 or such.

This small difference does not affect the look of the image, but when I
send it to the photo service to be printed the software detects that it
is not in the correct ratio and each time I have to tell it that it's OK
to crop the image.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm using 1.2.0 on Debian and 1.9.0 on
Fedora and both exhibit this behavior.

--
Dan McDaniel
Key fingerprint = CAEC B8D9 3701 86CF D3B2  1E99 D8BB F217 455C AD36