[Digikam-users] names in caption list

Erol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Wed May 18 12:18:39 BST 2011

I sometimes use Hebrew to caption my photos. In the digikam caption list
(the description of the photo that appears under the thumbnail) the
caption is a series of question marks not Hebrew (or any letters). If I
double-click on the photo (to enlarge it) ׁHebrew is written in the panel
at the bottom of the photo. If I do search in digikam for a photo named
in hebrew using the name in Hebrew, the correct photo is produced. In
other parts of digikam the Hebrew name appears. In the right panel under
the heading "file properties" the name is written in Hebrew. Under the
heading "Digikam properties" and sub heading "caption", a series of
question marks appear. Exactly as they appear under the thumbnail. Only
in the caption is the name a series of question marks.

As I said it doesn't interfere with using Digikam because somehow the
name is read when doing a search. Is there a way to make the caption
read a foreign language i.e a language not with Latin lettering?

Errol