[Digikam-users] Re: Albums disappeared

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Wed May 11 13:14:37 BST 2011

Rinus,

thanks for you quick reply.

The data you mention look good for me:

rd at blackbox:~$ grep -i path /home/rd/.kde/share/config/digikamrc
Album Path[$e]=$HOME/Rohdaten/digiKam
Database File Path=/home/rd/Rohdaten/digiKam/
rd at blackbox:~$ ls -l /home/rd/Rohdaten/digiKam
lrwxrwxrwx 1 rd rd 39  8. Mai 15:04 /home/rd/Rohdaten/digiKam ->
/mnt/disk/home/rd.disk/Rohdaten/digiKam
rd at blackbox:~$ ls -l /home/rd/Rohdaten/digiKam/digikam4.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 rd rd 3770368 11. Mai 13:53 /home/rd/Rohdaten/digiKam/digikam4.db
rd at blackbox:~$

The interesting thing though is when I start on the cmd line, I get a message:

digikam(18489)/digikam (core) Digikam::CollectionScanner::scanAlbum: Folder
does not exist or is not readable:  "/mnt/disk/home/rd/Rohdaten/digiKam"

Digikam uses rd instead of rd.disk(!)

In fact the symlink pointed to that directory some time before. Seems digiKam
did resolve that link and stored the real path instead of the one I specified
(including symlinks). Now that I change the symlinks, digiKam is in trouble
(and with that me or other users).

Do you know, where digiKam stores this information?

rd at blackbox:~$ grep -i mnt /home/rd/.kde/share/config/digikamrc
rd at blackbox:~$

rd at blackbox:~$ grep -iR mnt /home/rd/.kde/share/apps/digikam
rd at blackbox:~$

This worked for me as workaround:

Added temporary link
rd at blackbox:/mnt/disk/home/rd$ ln -s ../rd.disk/Rohdaten/ .

Start digiKam
rd at blackbox:/mnt/disk/home/rd$ digikam

What is strange that digiKam starts up with the Album structure shown in the
appended screenshot i.e. /mnt/disk/home/rd/Rohdaten/digiKam somehow got into
the album structure... (?)

Does anybody know how I can get rid of that?

Thanks,
Rainer