[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Randy Orrison randy.orrison at gmail.com
Thu May 5 21:18:09 BST 2011

Hi,

I've installed this on Natty (had some problem earlier today, when
only parts of beta5 were available, and ended up removing beta4 and
then waiting until all of beta5 was available).  I'm having a problem
launching digikam:

$ /usr/bin/digikam
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is
still in use, all queries will cease to work.
(the splash screen now comes up, and it says it's scanning)
/usr/bin/digikam: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/digikam: undefined
symbol: _ZN11KDcrawIface12RExpanderBox12readSettingsER12KConfigGroup
(and now the spash screen disappears and DigiKam is nowhere to be seen)
$

I'm guessing there's some dependancy problem... what packages is it
likely to be?

$ dpkg -l | grep maverick~ppa shows:
ii  exiv2                                 0.21.1-maverick~ppa1
              EXIF/IPTC metadata manipulation tool
ii  kdegraphics-libs-data                 4:4.6.2-maverick~ppa1kde46
              data files for libraries from the kdegraphics module
ii  libexiv2-10                           0.21.1-maverick~ppa1
              EXIF/IPTC metadata manipulation library
ii  libkdcraw-20                          2.0.0+maverick~ppa1kde46
              RAW picture decoding C++ library
ii  libkexiv2-10                          2.0.0+maverick~ppa1kde46
              Qt like interface for the libexiv2 library
ii  libkface-1                            2.0.0+maverick~ppa2kde46
              wrapper library to perform face recognition and
detection
ii  libkipi8                              4:4.6.2-maverick~ppa1kde46
              library for apps that want to use kipi-plugins (runtime
version)
ii  libkmap-1                             2.0.0+maverick~ppa1kde46
              world map components library
ii  libkmap-1-data                        2.0.0+maverick~ppa1kde46
              world map components library - common data
ii  libksane0                             4:4.6.2-maverick~ppa1kde46
              scanner library for KDE 4 (runtime)
ii  liborc-0.4-0                          1:0.4.11-maverick~ppa1
              Library of Optimized Inner Loops Runtime Compiler
ii  libschroedinger-1.0-0                 1.0.10-maverick~ppa1
              library for encoding/decoding of Dirac video streams
ii  python-support                        1.0.12-maverick~ppa1
              automated rebuilding support for Python modules

Many of these seem relevant, but shouldn't they be upgraded to natty
packages?  As a specific example, libkipi8 in synaptic shows versions
4:4.6.2-maverick-ppa1kde46 (now) and 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu1 (natty).  If I
try to use synaptic's Force Version to get the natty package, it says
it's a downgrade.

Thank-you for all your hard work!

Randy