[Digikam-users] 1.9 or 2.0 compiled for Windows?

Paul Verizzo paulv at paulv.net
Fri Mar 25 14:42:13 GMT 2011

Giles, et. al., do I take it correctly that the Windows compilations
have taken a back seat to getting 2.0 out?  I'm very, very grateful to
have the 1.7 version but as you've noted (IIRC), it's pretty buggy.
Still, I hold great hope for the future and I love so many things about it.

I know NOTHING about programming and significantly less what KDE is
about as some kind of a platform for digiKam.  Yet, I keep reading of
bugs, even in the LInux versions, that seem to be due to KDE.  And all
those kioslave.exe threads running when digiKam is in use really eats up
my 3GB of RAM!

My other favorite photo editing program is xnview.  It runs on every OS
in use today and is stable and not a memory hog.  And, of course, no KDE.

Thanks for listening.  I"d be interested in your thoughts.

Paul