[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 01:02:15 GMT 2011

Now it's done!

I have now uploaded packages with Digikam 2.0. I built them from today's
code from git so it will be Digikam 2.0 beta4 in development (as you will
see in the "about Digikam" window). If you feel experimental and want to go
with more cutting edge code then you find the packages in
my"kubuntu-backports" PPA. The main packages are called digikam2,
showfoto2
and kipi-plugins2. That way you won't automatically get them updated if you
prefer to still use the stable 1.9 release.You can't run them both at the
same time on the same system as they will conflict. If you want to play safe
then backup your Digikam settings and other stuff before you play around
with the latest.

It all should just work but if you have any problems installing the packages
then let me know.

Happy digikaming!

/Philip