[Digikam-users] Re: Mini laptop to work with Digikam on the go

George Bourozikas george at bourozikas.net
Mon Mar 7 14:11:30 GMT 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 08:33, Dmitri Popov <dmpop9mm at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'd avoid netbooks altogether.
[...]
> From: Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Digikam-users]  Mini laptop to work with Digikam on the go
>
> I'm looking for a little laptop (mini PC, notebook or whatever) I could easily
> bring with me when travelling, so I could work on my photos with Digikam when
> I'm away from home.
>
> I don't intend to do a lot of editing with it;
[...]

Last year I went on a five week trip/building restoration project with
an Acer Aspire One 751H (specs: http://cnet.co/i75UWq) and I used
Digikam extensively to document the work and report the progress back
to my family.  It was not fast, but I was able to do basic color
correction, cropping and RAW->JPEG conversion daily without
frustration.  The most important thing for me was resolution: at
11.6"/1366x768 I had enough screen real estate to work with.

A more powerful system would have been nice but I did not find myself
limited by my equipment.  Then again I did not do any elaborate
processing either.

--george