[Digikam-users] Re: Mini laptop to work with Digikam on the go

Dmitri Popov dmpop9mm at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 13:33:17 GMT 2011

I'd avoid netbooks altogether. The idea of a cheap and small machine sounds good
on paper, but in reality netbooks are too limited for any serious
photo management tasks. I took my Asus Eee PC 1005HA on my last two trips, and I
found it rather frustrating in daily use: the 10" screen was simply too small
for digiKam, and the Atom processor struggled with demanding tasks. Since then,
I switched to HP dm3, which is smaller that a regular notebook. It's a bit on
the heavy side, but the 13" screen is a pleasure to use, and there is enough
processing power to handle photo editing. I'm running Linux Mint on it.

Best,
Dmitri