[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Dmitri Popov dmpop9mm at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 10:01:55 GMT 2011

Hi Philip,

I've been using your PPA for quite some time, and I really, really appreciate
your work.

I just started to build packages of Digikam 2.0 beta3 for myself and wondered
about what the interest in them are for you guys? They are made as digikam2
packages so they won't automatically update if you prefer to use the stable
Digikam 1.9 but will conflict if you try to install them both at the same time.
I might upload them to my kubuntu-backports PPA as you will need stuff from KDE
4.6 to build.

That would be fantastic!

Second question is if you guys would prefer a separate digikam PPA with just
digikam stuff instead of as it is now to use my "extra" and for exiv2 0.21.x
support my kubuntu-backports PPA? For me it's easier to do as I'm doing now and
upload my stuff to the "extra" PPA but I don't know how many of you don't want
to use it because it includes a bunch of assorted updates that you want to
leave
as they are.

I think you should go with the solution that makes it easier for you. :-)

Best,
Dmitri

________________________________
I think it's know to this list that I have Digikam 1.9 packages on my PPA for
Ubuntu 10.10 but I have no idea on how may people use it or what the interest
is, beside some people now and then get in touch with me about this and that
with packages.

I just started to build packages of Digikam 2.0 beta3 for myself and wondered
about what the interest in them are for you guys? They are made as digikam2
packages so they won't automatically update if you prefer to use the stable
Digikam 1.9 but will conflict if you try to install them both at the same time.
I might upload them to my kubuntu-backports PPA as you will need stuff from KDE
4.6 to build.

Second question is if you guys would prefer a separate digikam PPA with just
digikam stuff instead of as it is now to use my "extra" and for exiv2 0.21.x
support my kubuntu-backports PPA? For me it's easier to do as I'm doing now and
upload my stuff to the "extra" PPA but I don't know how many of you don't want
to use it because it includes a bunch of assorted updates that you want to leave

as they are.

Feedback on this from anyone who cares are appreciated.

Happy digikaming!

Regards,

Philip