[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:21:34 GMT 2011

Thank you guys for the feedback!

I will keep the PPAs as they are for now. If I would make PPAs with only
Digikam stuff then I have to make two different PPAs anyway. One for
standard Ubuntu repositories and one with kubunt backports. Digikam 2.0 need
dependencies from KDE 4.6.x to build so I would have to have its own PPA
anyway.

I'll upload digikam 2.0 beta3 as soon I have done some clean ups with the
packaging code. Right now I have made all stuff from
digikam-software-compilation for myself and bundled them into two packages.
I will split them up to make the parts easier to maintain over time with
separate packages the Ubuntu/Debian way and a much nicer way to handle it
all. I hope to be able to upload it into my kubuntu-backports PPA in the
next few days.

Hope you guys are patient.

/Philip