[Digikam-users] Re: Mini laptop to work with Digikam on the go

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 20:07:45 GMT 2011

2011/3/4 Marie-Noƫlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>:
> Thanks, Gilles.
>
> I've always been very satisfied with Toshiba laptops. I still own a 17" that
> I consider to cumbersome to bring with me; and a rather old 15.4" (4.5
> years) that I intend to put on eBay for sell and replace with a new smaller
> one.
>
> I was more or less convinced by Asus, that seems to have quite a rich
> assortment of Netbooks, but I'll have a look at Toshiba, too.
> You've had no Wifi problem with your Toshiba?

No problem with this model. It work perfectly.

The advantage is weight : lesser than 1,5 kg : a perfect companion
Screen is enough to work : 13'. Do not select less than : 10 and 11'
are unusable to work on picture.
Power supply is very small.
Battery consumption : around 5-6 hours in power save mode. Really great.

I use it to develop, make presentation at school, and play with my
picture at home, where i can connect it to a large flat screen (27')

There is an HDMI connector : I can play DIVX and MKV without problem on a HD tv.

HDD capacity is around 320Gb.

Keyboard is really a pleasure to use. The new model out recently by
Toshiba are not too good.

T230 is out in august 2010.

computer is make with not a good quality of plastic. It's only the
problem. But i cannot found a PC with the same quality than a Macbook
(but it's not the same price)

To conclude : it's really a good choice to be mobile with a computer.

gilles