[Digikam-users] Re: More on backup

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Tue Mar 1 06:44:36 GMT 2011

A couple of other people said they keep the images on the card for a while after downloading. My problem with this is that it requires great care not to mix up cards that have been downloaded with cards that haven't.

I prefer to download and erase immediately while I'm sure of the status of the card. Otherwise I risk erasing a card I haven't downloaded yet, or at least downloading duplicate images.

I can see that having my only copy on a laptop is risky, especially while travelling, but this sounds riskier, for the disorganised, at least.

Sent using BlackBerry