[Digikam-users] Re: SRBG, Adobe RGB, What to use ?

Patrick Op de Beeck p.o.e at skynet.be
Sun Jun 26 20:36:50 BST 2011

Martin,

you speak of 16bit and Profoto or simular but is this available under
GNU/LINUX ?

Since I like photgraphy, and I shoot also in 3D I am wondering how far you can
get on a GNU/Linux system with the quality.

A lot of people are focused on the kernel and windowmanagers but in the
applicationprogramming area we have still a lot to catch up.

I would like that for example digikam can also handle
3D photographs. I took several  3D photographs with my Lumix GH2  and saw it
on a P50VT30 plasma television. I must say that the images are stunning and
not compare to viewmasters 3D from the previous century.
These 3D images are really good. And soon I think they will be as normal a a
tv for us. It's one of those revolutions that will stay. (B/W TV, colour TV,
Stereo, THX sound, Flatscreen TV and now  3D. The standard is recently fixed so
there is no excuse anymore not to incorporate it.

Although I can imagine 'photoshopping' will be much more difficult ;-)

Patrick

PS thanks for the good explication.