[Digikam-users] Photos not rotating

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Sun Jun 26 08:50:47 BST 2011

I have done a bit more testing and have found that if I download photos
from my wife's Kodak camera but using the SD card in a reader her photos
are actually correctly displayed both in digikam and other software
which does not read the exif. However when I download the photos from my
Canon SX10IS by connecting it directly to the PC the photos are not
actually rotated but simply displayed correctly in digikam, other
software does not show the photos correctly oriented. This explains why
my photos uploaded to Piwigo are not rotated.

So could there be a difference between loading from an SD card and

Stuart
--
Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org