[Digikam-users] Re: Processing RAW images to get to the look of the jpg preview

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Jun 24 11:05:59 BST 2011

Am Freitag, 24. Juni 2011 schrieb Sven Burmeister:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2011, 11:48:20 schrieb Martin:
> > I don't think your problem is gamma only. The gamma curve only
> > depends on the colour model you use to view the picture (sRBG,
> > Adobe RBG, Apple RGB ...). It should almost never be necessary
> > to adjust this by hand. But I have no clue what the problem of
> > digikam is here.
>
> Could you please try the digikam demosaicing tool with highlights
> set to "blend" or "rebuild". I tried to avoid the gamma setting
> (1,7) but while it works without gamma and adjusting the
> luminosity curve for most parts of the picture, areas that are
> almost black (dark blue) remain far too dark. If I use gamma it
> works better. So I wonder how it could be done without.

I tried DK's raw processing yesterday and almost all pictures are to
dark but some are really great with fine details in the clouds as well
as in the dark area. I don't know why some are dark and others are
not.

I played around with the settings only a little bit, so may be there
are settings which give me the result I want. But it is way to
complicated to find this.

DK's raw processing does not fit my needs. I use it to fix photos I
got as jpeg from others and for managing. But for raw processing I use
other tools.

Martin