[Digikam-users] Re: Export to Piwigo

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri Jun 17 12:06:55 BST 2011

Le 17/06/2011 12:40, Stuart T Rogers a écrit :
> Well I have been playing some more and asking on the Piwigo forum but to
> no avail.
>
> Piwigo says the photo should be rotated prior to export by digikam and
> no action is taken by Piwigo.

AFAIK, that's true

I also have what I think is a bug somewhere (but my digikam version is
old): I can only rotate the images in digikam in the editor. If I try
to rotate 90° in the viewer, it rotates 180°.

The problem is that most Linux program take account of the exif
orientation tag, so one can't know only by viewing if the image is
rotated or not.

It's only when exporting to digikam that you see the problem, and it's
very difficult afterward to make piwigo understand you have changed
the image (it keeps the old image cached).

I don't make enough vertical images to have built a real solution. The
best should be a script to rotate the image *before* digikam see them
and clear the tag.

Right now, I tell digikam *not* to rotate and open the editor to
correct the vertical images

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net