[Digikam-users] Re: Installing Digikam on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Phil Stanford phil.stanford at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 11:10:17 BST 2011

Hi - I recall having some issues with actually running Digikam under
MacPorts, once all the dependencies were finally installed.
I have forgotten just what the details were but it might have been
similar symptoms to yours.

In my case it was because I'd not spotted the instructions that will
have flashed by as part of the 'dbus' install, which needs a couple
commands to be issued to start this process -  in a shell, type 'port
notes dbus'  which should show you the correct two commands to be run
on your own install.  Mine follows - good luck!
Phil

---------
$ port notes dbus
Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider using selfupdate
dbus has the following notes:
  # Startup items have been generated that will aid in
  # starting dbus with launchd. They are disabled
  # by default. Execute the following command to start them,
  # and to cause them to launch at startup:
  #
  # sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist
  # launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist