[Digikam-users] Cross compatibility for Color et pick label

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Fri Jul 29 10:31:28 BST 2011

Hi,

Just a small question to know if it's planned to add cross compatibility
to how Color and pick label are write in XMP, because, for the moment it
seems to be wrote only in the "Digikam Schema" XMP directory.

Color label have an existent equivalent in the "Adobe Photoshop" XMP
directory as "Urgency", CaptureNX 2 use it (and Fotoware Fotostation too I
think). Another entry exist in XMP.xmp.Label, but I don't know how it
works since, for the moment, the content of this label is write in french
(for example, the Red color label, Digikam tag is set to "1" as
photoshop's one, but xmp.label tag is set to "rouge").

It's quite disappointing since the Digikam tool for editing metadata
(Image/Metadata menu entry) offers to set this tag (in XMP/Property tab
under the name "priority") at less for the Photoshop directory (which is
recognized for Capture NX 2).

For the pick label, if I remember well Fotostation had something similar
but it makes a long time I tried it.

Regards
--
Nicolas Boulesteix