[Digikam-users] Re: Help: digikam doesn't start anymore

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Jan 31 10:38:17 GMT 2011

I use reiser fs.

I don't have any raw files in digikam (use canons program to convert them in
VirtualBox), only jpg, png, some xcf, some tiffs.

When digikam finally appeared the album tree was empty and I had to enter the
album tree again and wait some minutes until it was searched. Strange...

Then I looked at some images (no changes) closed digikam, and it took again
approx. 3 minutes to open (search for new images when starting applied).
With search for new images desabled it takes about a second to open.
My complete path contains 37721 image files, 875 subfolders, 200 GB. I change
images between folders quite often, delete folders, add new ones...

I'll try to switch to MySQL...

have a nice day!

Daniel