[Digikam-users] Re: Help: digikam doesn't start anymore

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Jan 31 08:52:10 GMT 2011

Bonjour Gilles,

It works again... It just took 6 hours to start... I couldn't imagine that as
I have a very fast computer (intel i7 with 16 GB Memory) and had almost
nothing else running.

I added 26 directories with 164 subdirectories, 7107 png files, 89 GB.

I use SQLite database: would it be (much) faster if I switch to the use of
MySQL (have mysql server running anyway all the time)?

I use SQLite because the database file resides in the album tree thus making
backup easy. With SQL I guess the database will be where all the other
databases are (/var/lib/mysql/), no?

thanks and kind regards

Daniel