[Digikam-users] Re: digiKam ate my tags: bug, feature, or user-error?

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 23:44:50 GMT 2011

On 26/01/11 21:46, Elle Stone wrote:
> So - feature? bug? borked installation? user error? (in which case please,
> please tell me the right way to apply new tags)
>
> Elle

I just came across this behaviour in 1.8.0 (or close check out from SVN)
and I consider it to be a bug, so go ahead and raise a report. Looking
at my photos I would say that this is quite a long standing bug as it
seems to have affected photos I tagged with 1.3.0 or possibly an earlier
version, I'm not sure which.

In summary if you select a number of photos that have differing sets of
tags already applied and add a new tag, with metadata written out to
images by default, then only tags that are common to all photos selected
will be written out to the photos, tags not in common will be removed.
All tags are present, original and new as expected, in the database.

Andrew