[Digikam-users] Re: digiKam and Kipi-plugins 1.8.0 released...

Hevï Guy heviiguy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 19:49:10 GMT 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 11:22 -0700, Linuxguy123 wrote:

> Ubuntu is good about keeping current with recent releases.

Ahh, hah, ha, ha (howling out-loud laughing), ha, ha!!!

> I'd wait
> until its in their repository and upgrade via the tools they provide
> versus building from source.

Well, if I wait long enough for Ubuntu to place dK 1.8 in their
repository, Gilles and the gang will have made dK v 4.2 available by
then

> Its an interesting exercise to build from source, but for a one or two
> time activity as a newbie, it can be a lot of work.

I don't mind the work at all. It's actually very interesting. The false
starts and dead ends are just very frustrating. For an old codger such
as me, this hinders rather than helps the learning process!