[Digikam-users] Re: DigiKam compilation instructions

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Wed Jan 26 20:00:15 GMT 2011

Hi Hevï,

I just make the upgrade, and if I uncheck the libkexiv2-8 packet, Digikam
seems to use exiv 0.20.

The only ugly think (but not linked to DK 1.8 upgrade), is that update
manager want to update my libkexiv2 packet with the official repository
packet but with the exactly same version number.

So always think to uncheck libkexiv2-8 in "to update list" and you shoul
keep the use of exiv2 0.20

Nicolas

Le Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:03:51 +0100, Hevï Guy <heviiguy at gmail.com> a écrit:

> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 15:37 -0300, Erick Moreno wrote:
>
>> Hevï,
>>
>> In my system, I have exiv2 0.19 installed.
>> But I think that this ppa repository will not change your exiv2
>> installed version, since it is grater than the one shipped in the
>> repository.
>

> This is what I was afraid of!
>

>> Try update the Digikam, I don't believe that this will downgrade your
>> exiv2. If this happens, you can always upgrade your exiv2 again =/
>

> Oh no!! Can anybody confirm that if I upgrade to dK 1.8, it will use my
> current version of exiv .20?

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr