[Digikam-users] Re: digiKam and Kipi-plugins 1.8.0 released...

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 26 17:52:40 GMT 2011

on Tuesday 25 January 2011, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Dear all digiKam fans and users!
>
> The digiKam development team is happy to release 1.8.0.
>
> For more details, see announcement on digikam.org:
>
> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/567
> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/568

Thank you :)
Metadata get read again in raw development, and I like having my Sony
makernotes visible :)

However, I hit another snag when developing RAW files (Sony ARW in my case):
it usedd to be that if I added an EV correction, and then decided it was too
much, the new (lower) correction was applied to the original RAW output (i.e.
an image update after having lowered an EV correction was less luminous);
with the 1.8.0 version, the second lower correction is applied to the already
corrected image => severe over correction and no way to get back, except
through an update in the RAW tab
(say I start with a correction of +.3, then decide +.2 would have been better:
in <=1.7.0 I ended up with a correction of +.2,
in 1.8.0 I end up with a correction of +.5...)

Any suggestion about where the bug is (Kipi, Digikam, elsewhere)?

Regards

Remco