[Digikam-users] Re: DigiKam compilation instructions

Hevï Guy heviiguy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:35:01 GMT 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 08:23 -0900, Jim Dory wrote:

> Point is that I don't see how the developers of Digikam can be held
> responsible for the lousy package systems of all distributions.

Oops. Sorry if somehow that is what I had implied. On the contrary, I
applaud dK's developers for their great work. Specifically, for me and
those in my situation, it's the Ubuntu packagers who are making things
difficult.

> I've
> also built from SVN using the very thorough cook-book-like
> instructions given by Gilles or a partner on the website when I needed
> functionality of that latest development release. I can see that a
> newb could have trouble there though.

Well, that's just the point: It is indeed something that presents us
with trouble. Hence the requirement for a hamster-readable cook-book ;-)