[Digikam-users] Re: Accidentally installed digiKam 1.9 - is it stable enough for production?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 06:15:33 GMT 2011

1.9.0 is just 1.8.0 with some little fix.

1.x serie is considerated as stable for production. No new features
are added, only bugfixes are applied. Look in project/NEWS files for
details.

2.0.0 still in beta stage. It's not considerated as unstable. Not all
features haven't be tested yet. But all fixes from 1.x series are
backported to 2.x.

We plan to release 1.9 in one month and that all. next version will be
2.0 planed around may if all will be fine.

To resume : using svn trunk source code (1.x serie) as production is fine.

Gilles Caulier