[Digikam-users] Accidentally installed digiKam 1.9 - is it stable enough for production?

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 23:18:38 GMT 2011

I was running digiKam 1.7 (Ubuntu 10.10). But it was using exiv2 0.19 and a
correspondingly older libkexiv2. Other efforts to upgrade exiv2 failed. So I
followed the directions to "Download and Install SVN KDE4 along stable
version" and found that I had installed digiKam 1.9.

Is 1.9 from 2011-Jan-25 stable enough to use as "production"? Or should I
reinstall 1.7 or try 1.8 instead?

I also got 2.0 beta running, following
http://ubuntuku.org/22/how-to-install-compile-digikam-2-0-0-beta-from-source/
(except installing in /usr/local), but I overwrote it when I installed 1.9,
and 2.0 wasn't standalone. I wouldn't mind helping to test the beta (my
goodness that versioning stuff writes a lot of metadata!), if I could keep a
stable version running alongside, along with using exiv2 0.21 - not sure how
to proceed.

Elle