[Digikam-users] Tagging images - hiding irrelevant tags?

Johnny yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 21:32:31 GMT 2011

While tagging my latest batch of photos, I realised how few of all the
tags I am actually using and wonder how other people here deal with
that?

When tagging, I normally use the expanded view and step through the
photos using page-up/down and tag by mousing the side-pane.

Of all the places tags, I use mostly one or a couple; of people tags
normally a couple; of category tags, another few, and so on... This
means I have to scroll up and down quite often in the tag list, and
therefore wondered if there is a way to hide the tags I know I will not
need for the current tagging and mimnimise this scrolling? The same
problem applies on using the "tag-on-right-click", displaying many
irrelevant tags (for "this" batch of photos).

Has any of you any suggestion for improved workflow when tagging or idea
if "hide irrelevant tags for the time being" is possible or desirable?

Thanks!
--
Johnny