[Digikam-users] Re: deleting selected pictures

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 12:31:22 GMT 2011

Il giorno 21/gen/2011, alle ore 12.01, Martin Blank ha scritto:

> Am 21.01.2011 08:52, schrieb Remco Viƫtor:
>> on Friday 21 January 2011, Martin (KDE) wrote:
>>

>>> Select the pictures you want to delete and hit shift-del keys
>>>

>> Just <Del> also works, and puts the deleted pictures in the trash can
>> (Shft-Del deletes them permanently). I've been known to make mistakes in
>> selecting pictures, having them in the trash can could save your day ;)
>>

> This is equal to the menue entry i explained. Of course it is the secure
> way. But when you don't use kde the trash can grow and grow. There is no
> one watching.

This is a feature a really miss when I can't use KDE (at work I have to use Gnome and Windows).

An Ubuntu/Gnome user can emulate the KDE trash behavior using autotrash:
http://ur1.ca/2yxk8
http://www.logfish.net/pr/autotrash/
Just put the appropriate command in your crontab.

Something similar can be done also on Mac Os X using TrashTimer:
http://www.hieper.nl/html/trashtimer.html

If you are wondering if it's something similar for MS Windows, look at:
http://www.fcleaner.com/recyclebinex

bye
gerlos

--
"Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist,
but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."