[Digikam-users] Re: How do I undelete an image?

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Wed Jan 19 10:22:38 GMT 2011

Þann þri 18.jan 2011 16:34, skrifaði jdd:
> Le 18/01/2011 17:30, Juhani a écrit :
>> I deleted by mistake several images by moving them to trash bin (Del button). I
>> guess I have some chance to recover the deleted images. But where do I find the
>> trash bin...?
>
> in Dolphin, locations panel, for example. It's the system trash

Slightly OT;
(posted here because I thought it somewhat relevant)

If you happen to accidentally delete your images/videos from
hard disk AND emptied your system trash OR viped your memory
card:
If you act quickly there are chances that you may recover
such files with PhotoRec Data Recovery Utility:
<http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec>

It's a low level FOSS application which can read data/files
outside of filesystem tree (raw disk data), the GUI is
textual but quite straightforward. In *buntu repositories
it's part of the TestDisk bundle.

I'm in no way connected to the devs, but this piece of
software has saved my ass many times, specially with camera
memory cards.

It also teaches you to never dump or sell your hard disks
without totally owerwriting them at least 3 times (or use a
sledgehammer)... ;-)

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli