[Digikam-users] Re: How do I undelete an image?

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Wed Jan 19 09:50:19 GMT 2011

Þann mið 19.jan 2011 09:23, skrifaði Johannes Wienke:
> On 01/19/2011 08:52 AM, Juhani Talvela wrote:
>> I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Gnome 2.30.2 both in Finnish.
>>
>> Dolphin (the file manager) does display the trash folder, like jdd
>> suggested. But thats the only place where I've found it. Not on the
>> desktop, not in any other menu, not in those folders listed in my reply.
>> I don't really know where it should be, but am happy to have my pictures
>> back.
>
> There's a plasma widget for the trash that you can add to your desktop
> or task bar.
>
> Johannes

No need for plasma in GNOME.
In my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (I've upgraded to 10.10 so I can't
confirm this behaviour) the Trashbin was an option for the
Desktop; right click on the desktop --> Configure --> opens
a window where on one of the tabs you can check to show
Trash (and Network if you like). Curiously those two are not
shown by default.
In Mint (with GNOME) you have to right-click on the main
menu button to access this tab (Places).

In 10.10 the Trash is located on the lower taskbar besides
the clock (lower-right). Think it is on by default, but not
very visible with dark themes.

Right-click, right-click, right-click (in any modern WM,
including the one from Redmond)... ;-)

Best regards

Sveinn í Felli