[Digikam-users] Re: metadata lost when decoding a raw file

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 17 16:44:45 GMT 2011

on Monday 10 January 2011, Robert Zeller wrote:
> Hello,
> If I set "Camera Profile" to "Embedded" then the metadata are preserved
> during decoding ; also when I click on "Use Default" at the bottom of
> the window, metadata are preserved.
>
> Unfortunately every time when opening a new raw file with the editor the
> "Camera Profile" setting in "Color Management" is switched automatically
> to "None" again, which means that metadata get not transferred to the
> produced file.

I can confirm this behaviour: no metadata are transferred to the decoded image
when not using the 'use default' button.

In itself losing the EXIF info wouldn't be all that much of a problem
(although it worked correctly in previous versions of Digikam...), but it
means that e.g. the automatic lens correction won't be able to use metadata
(since they are not imported).

Remco