[Digikam-users] metadata lost when decoding a raw file

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Mon Jan 10 11:01:40 GMT 2011

Hello,

I am running digikam 1.7 and exiv2  0.21. When I am decoding a raw file
in certain cases I am loosing the metadate from the Nikon .nef raw. This
behavior is obviously related to the settings of the Color Management
parameters in the "Raw import" window:
My workspace settings is "Adobe RGB" consistent with the camera workspace;
the default settings in the raw-import window for Camera Profile is
"None" : in this case all metadata is lost in the new file during decoding.

If I set "Camera Profile" to "Embedded" then the metadata are preserved
during decoding ; also when I click on "Use Default" at the bottom of
the window, metadata are preserved.

Unfortunately every time when opening a new raw file with the editor the
"Camera Profile" setting in "Color Management" is switched automatically
to "None" again, which means that metadata get not transferred to the
produced file.

Is there a way to change the  settings such that Camera Profile =
"Embedded"  is opened by default? Which are the Color Management
settings when I click on "Use default" in the raw import window?

Thanks for advice.

Robert