[Digikam-users] Re-importing a set of photos

Ross McDonald ross at mixedbredie.net
Tue Jan 11 22:00:39 GMT 2011

I have imported a set of photos that appear in digikam as a JPEG icon
and not a thumbnail.  the tooltip on hover shows photo dimensions as
"unknown".  I still have the photos on the camera.  I tried rebuilding
the thumbnails to no effect.  I have deleted the photos from the album.
I presume something must have corrupted the files?

How can I import the photos again?  When I select the photos in the
import dialog and click "download selected" the blue tick changes to a
red "access denied/no entry" icon.  Photos not yet in the database have
a yellow star.  I guess I need to reset the photo status somewhere....

I am using digikam 1.5.0 on linux mint with KDE 4.5.3 and with the
SQLITE backend.

TIA

Ross