[Digikam-users] Re: metadata menu and configure options

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:52:58 GMT 2011

Regarding my questions 1 and 2 above, it appears that digiKam presets (over
which the user has no control) control what metadata gets saved to the
database.

To ascertain this, I created two test databases, in one of which I added
checkmarks to a whole lot of additional metadata, from the Menu/configure
digikam/metadata tabs. Then I inspected the resulting databases using SQLite
database browser. In both databases (using the same set of images), the
metadata in the database was the same.

A lot of the database entries are empty and likely always will be empty,
given my camera/lens combination. Other metadata that (perhaps - I'm still
experimenting) I would like to have include in the database, apparently
can't be optionally included by the user?

So is my conclusion correct,  that the metadata digiKam saves to the
database is preset, giving no options for user configuration?

Elle Stone