[Digikam-users] Re: duplicate hashes in digikam 1.7 database

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Fri Jan 7 18:41:00 GMT 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Marie-Noëlle Augendre
<mnaugendre at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/1/7 Elle Stone <l.elle.stone at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi, All,
>>
>> I noticed several of my images have the wrong thumbnail.
>
> I reported the same problem a few weeks ago, but I don't remember what the
> answer was.
> I rebuild the database quite frequently to avoid the problem, but that is
> not a real solution.
>
> Marie-Noëlle

This happened to me when using another program to delete and rename
some images. I then had the wrong thumbnail on images in Digikam -
that caused me quite some confusion until I figured out that the
thumbnails were wrong. I fixed it by rotating the thumbnail (right
click and pick rotate - or maybe it was in the menu) and then rotating
it back. That redrew the thumbnail to its correctness. Refresh didn't
work. But I wouldn't want to have to do that if you have a lot of
images as it took a bit of time - I only had a dozen or so to fix...
/jd