[Digikam-users] Re: Digikam and panasonic GH2

Patrick Op de Beeck p.o.e at skynet.be
Thu Jan 6 22:56:15 GMT 2011

Op donderdag 6 januari 2011 07:22:24 schreef Gilles Caulier:

Thanks for all the reactions on my mail.

If someone wants raw panasonic GH2 files he can ask me. I have plenty.
I have also G2 raw files. I saw it is in the list. So that is already a
solution.
By the way the GH2 is ver very good and give performance as an DSLR it has an
18Mp sensor with 16Mp net in 4:3. My previous Konica-Minolta was 8Mp So I got
an big upgrade and MFT interchangeable lenses with an adapter I put Carl Zeiss
(Contax) lenses on it.

Patrick

> 2011/1/6 kunal <kunal.t2 at gmail.com>
>
> > On 01/06/2011 04:58 AM, Patrick Op de Beeck wrote:
> > > Can digikam read and manipulate raw photo's from Panasonic GH2 and/or
> > > G2
> > I don't think digikam can read Panasonic GH2 / G2 raw images yet.
>
> Yes, i cannot yet play with GH2. Only GH1 is supported, as you can see in
> my screenshot :
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/5328942649/
>
> Go to Help/Supported RAW... menu entry, and you can see the full list of
> raw files which can be decoded in digiKam.
>
> > Digikam uses an interface to the dcraw library, and dcraw doesn't seem
> > to support the above said file format, yet.
>
> Not only dcraw. We use libraw shared library (http://www.libraw.org) which
> use implementation from dcraw, rawtherapee, PerfectRaw, and many others
> external project outside dcraw.
>
> Gilles Caulier> Can digikam read and manipulate raw photo's from Panasonic
GH2 and/or G2 ?

Hi Patrick,
I stand corrected.
as the screenshot below indicates :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/5328942649/sizes/l/in/photostream/
digikam can indeed read GH1 photos , if GH2 bear any similarity to GH1
digikam should be able to read it.
regards
-------
Kunal Ghosh