[Digikam-users] Re: Digikam and panasonic GH2

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 06:22:24 GMT 2011

2011/1/6 kunal <kunal.t2 at gmail.com>

> On 01/06/2011 04:58 AM, Patrick Op de Beeck wrote:
> > Can digikam read and manipulate raw photo's from Panasonic GH2 and/or G2
> ?
>
> I don't think digikam can read Panasonic GH2 / G2 raw images yet.

Yes, i cannot yet play with GH2. Only GH1 is supported, as you can see in my
screenshot :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/5328942649/

Go to Help/Supported RAW... menu entry, and you can see the full list of raw
files which can be decoded in digiKam.

> Digikam uses an interface to the dcraw library, and dcraw doesn't seem
> to support the above said file format, yet.

Not only dcraw. We use libraw shared library (http://www.libraw.org) which
use implementation from dcraw, rawtherapee, PerfectRaw, and many others
external project outside dcraw.