[Digikam-users] Curves Adjustment - slider gradient problem?

Hevï Guy heviiguy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 01:56:07 GMT 2011

I've recently discovered the benefits of using Curves Adjustment rather
than just Levels Adjustment when editing my photos :)

Am I missing something or, are the ramp gradients of the sliders shown
incorrectly? For example, in my version of digiKam (1.7.0), the
intersection of the vertical (output) and horizontal (input) ramps is
black and white. Shouldn't this be white and white? The present
configuration suggests that, for example, the white input is equal to
the black output when the line is straight. Clearly this is impossible.
I suppose that it really doesn't matter because contrary to the
incorrect graphic, the proper functionality is present.

* I just noticed that the ramp intersection is black/black (ouput/input)
very briefly as the histogram is loaded. However, once the latter
appears, it becomes black/white (output/input) as noted above.

So, back to my original question: Am I missing something painfully
obvious and hence have embarrassed myself or, is this a fault?