[Digikam-users] Re: How-to move photos to CD/DVD or other external repositories

Juhani Talvela juhani.talvela at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 16:13:03 GMT 2011

02.01.2011 17:59, Marie-Noëlle Augendre kirjoitti:

> 2011/1/2 Juhani Talvela <juhani.talvela at gmail.com
> <mailto:juhani.talvela at gmail.com>>
>
>     OK, I could do that. But how...? I just yesterday installed this
>     one for the very first time. I used the "command apt-get install
>     digikam", and this is the version that it found for me.
>
>     Of course, this is the finnish version of the software. I could
>     very well install the english version, too, if I only knew how...:/
>
>     Cheers
>     Juhani
>

> I guess it depens on your LInux distribution, and what it has in its
> repositories.
> With Fedora 14, I have Digikam 1.6.0, and maybe 1.7.0 (I have not
> searched yet).
>
> Marie-Noëlle

Yes, I see. I am using Ubuntu 10.04.

But at the end of the day, I don't think this is the final reason for
not being able to store my photos on a CD/DVD. Or is it...?
www.DigiKam.org changelogs stop to version 1.3.0, and there is no
mentioning about CD/DVD problems solved.

I wouldn't like to change my Ubuntu to anything else, right now.
Especially if I am not sure that it will fix the problem.

Cheers
Juhani