[Digikam-users] Re: Child tags not included into parent tags?

Tim Jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 18:53:13 GMT 2011

On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:28 PM, Photonoxx wrote:

> May be it's easier to select both "Brother" and "Sister" tagged pictures,
> and then just add Family tag to all of them.

The problem I've always had is that digikam supports hierarchical tags but acts as if the hierarchy is irrelevant. Forcing each picture to have tag "Family" and tag "Family/Brother" indicates that inside digikam there is no hierarchy at all when tags are chosen. If I click on "Family" in the tag selection pane on the left I really want pictures of all my family members.

The other problem with forcing all tags in the hierarchy to be set is that it can cause issues if you move a tag from one part of the hierarchy to another. You have to make sure all the old parents are deselected and all the new parents are selected. That would be simple if you weren't tagging the parents at all.

I have to admit I've never found a "Include tags children" but I'll have a look tonight (and it's possible it was added in 1.x series and I stopped looking for it at the 0.9.x versions).

--
Tim Jenness