[Digikam-users] Re: Child tags not included into parent tags?

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Mon Feb 28 09:28:57 GMT 2011

May be it's easier to select both "Brother" and "Sister" tagged pictures,
and then just add Family tag to all of them.

I don't thing "autoselect/deselect parent" works with the right click
tagging method, you have to use the right panel to do that.

Le Mon, 28 Feb 2011 07:53:34 +0100, Stedtlund <falolaf at gmail.com> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if it's possible to add the parent tags by selecting like
> you do.
>
> But what you can do i in the View menu select "Include tags
> children"(don't know if that's what is says in english, translated
> from swedish!!!). Then you can select Family and all images with
> sub-tags will also be shown. That's how I do it. I don't like to have
> too many tags in the images...
>
> /Anders
>
> 2011/2/27 Bogdan Enache <enachebogdan at gmx.com>:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I've just started using digiKam, and I've seen something strange. I've
>> tagged some pictures manually (Add New Tag) with something along the
>> lines of "Family/Brother", and then a few others with "Family/Sister"
>> (without quotes). The My Tags pane in the right got updated to show 5 in
>> Family, 3 in Family/Brother and 2 in Family/Sister (which I considered
>> the normal behavior).
>>
>> Then I've selected more of them and tagged them by right clicking and
>> choosing Family -> Sister and Family -> Brother.
>>
>> At that point I've seen that tagging them by right-click does not add
>> them to the Family tag, but only to the child tags, Family/Sister and
>> Family/Brother. I'm quite stumped right now, I don't know why this
>> happens. I expected they would be counted also for the parent tag. Right
>> now I have the tag Family (5) with its subtags Brother (110) and Sister
>> (139).
>>
>> The problem is that someday I might want to filter all pictures which
>> contain Family, which would not possible (it only shows me 5 of them).
>> And I don't want to manually tag them with Family *and* Family/Brother
>> separately.
>>
>> Has any of you seen this till now? Is this normal behavior (I consider
>> it not to be, at least it's inconsistent). Any way to repair it?
>>
>> Thank you.

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr