[Digikam-users] another metadata question

Dan McDaniel dan at dm3.us
Fri Feb 25 16:11:37 GMT 2011

As a follow-up to my previous question on date fields in the metadata
(which for some reason seems never to have reached the list, although
it's visible at gmane.org) I am wondering how to set date stamps on my
scanned images.

I recently had some film scanned. I was wondering how other people set
the date fields for scanned images. My first thought was to do this:

   Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal  Date the photo was taken.
   Exif.Photo.DateTimeDigitized Date the film was scanned.
   Exif.Image.DateTime          Date the image was last modified.

The last tag is the only one that would change as I make edits to the
image.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Dan