[Digikam-users] Re: On backing up

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:12:36 GMT 2011

Il giorno 23/feb/2011, alle ore 14.27, Paul Verizzo ha scritto:

> Having almost lost a big box of photos to a fire in 1988, and many hard
> drives dying over the years, call me paranoid.  Pardon me if I weigh in
> on this somewhat off topic topic, but it is a passion of mine.  While my
> experiences and practices are for Windows, surely the open source
> community has similar options.

Maybe is worth pointing this interesting discussion from KDE brainstorm:
http://ur1.ca/3bs7m
They are discussing about the possibility to integrate a backup tool in the KDE Plasma desktop.

Another KDE integrated tool in development (or not? it's some months that there's not commits...) worth looking is TimeVault:
http://gitorious.org/timevault
http://blog.chatonka.com/

regards
gerlos

--
"Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist,
but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."