[Digikam-users] Request for export plugin for Costco.ca

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 22:23:02 GMT 2011

Digikam rocks.   Its changed the way I manage and use my images.

Now that things are organized, people want more prints.   I use my local
Costco.ca store for my printing needs.   For those that haven't tried
them, I suggest you do as the quality and price are both good.

Its painful to get prints done at Costco.  Uploading the images at the
store is painful because the software they run on their photo computers
is pretty slow and very primitive.

And their online uploading tools either don't work or are very slow to
use with anything more than a few images.

How hard would it be to write an uploader for Costco ?  How does all the
security stuff work and what is the protocol behind doing it ?

I use the Picassa uploader all the time and a) it works great and b) it
saves me a lot of time.  It would be great if we could have the same
capability for Costco.

Thanks