[Digikam-users] loss of geolocation information in batch processing

jon piesing jon33040 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 20 14:17:27 GMT 2011

Hi,

I've got a set of 64 images which I've used the batch queue manager to scale, watermark and save as jpg. 44 of the 64 lose their geolocation information when I do this. It's not specific to the set of operations done in the batch queue manager - watermark or convert to jpeg on their own show the same behaviour - as does B&W convert. If I export the pictures direct to picasaweb then all 64 have geoloc information. If I export them to flickr then some lose geoloc information - I believe it's the same ones as lose it in batch processing but I've not been through them one by one to check.

The 64 images were partly taken on a Sony Alpha A300 and partly on a Canon S90. All the Canon originated images are in the 20 which keep their geoloc information. Most of the Sony originated images lose their geoloc information but not all of them. All 64 images were edited using the digikam editor - none of them are straight from the camera. 2 of the images also lose the caption and rating information when batch processed and not just the geoloc.

I'm using ubuntu lucid with digikam 1.4.0 and KDE
 4.5.3 - the most recent versions I've managed to find for lucid. I have tried compiling and using digikam 1.7.0 but it repeatedly crashed at one point in my workflow with this version of ubuntu and KDE.

Can anyone suggest what's going on & how to get around this to get pictures exported to flickr with watermarks?

Thanks

Jon