[Digikam-users] Re: Moving an album

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 10:16:56 GMT 2011

Il giorno 18/feb/2011, alle ore 02.17, John B. Egger ha scritto:

> I created a ~200-photo album in /home/john/Pictures and added captions,
> tags, and revised creation dates. Earlier, I had copied the same
> photographs to /media/disk/Photographs and had created a few captions
> and tags there. (There's a small digikam4.db file there dated a month
> ago.) Although I worked with the photos in that location a little bit, a
> month ago, but I then did much more extensive work with the
> /home/john/Pictures copy. How do I get the complete set of metadata (in
> /home/john/Pictures/digikam4.db) into /media/disk/Photographs?

So metadata you want (for some picture) is on /home/john/Pictures, and you want to discard metadata stored in /media/disk/Photographs (for the same pictures), right?

I'd setup Digikam to save metadata to pictures, sync metadata in the database with metadata in the pictures, and just copy/move pictures I need to /media/disk/Photographs, and sync the database again.

This should work. Try with a test image to become confident yourself with the process.

regards
gerlos

--
"Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist,
but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."