[Digikam-users] Help migrating tags from Lightroom to DigiKam

Francis francis at photosynth.ca
Fri Feb 18 23:16:57 GMT 2011

Hi
Can anyone tell me how I can get the tags that I have applied to my raw
images in Lightroom to show up in Digikam?

I am attempting to migrate a collection of roughly 20,000 RAW files
(partially Pentax IstDS .PEF's and partially Pentax K20d .DNG's) from
Lightroom to Digikam.

I gathered from what I've read that Digikam can read Lightroom's tags if
they are attached to the individual files not just in the Lightroom
catalogue file. I have Lightroom set to embed all my tags in the files,
or save a .xmp side-car in the case of .PEF files. My Lightroom tags do
show up when I open the DNG's in Geeqie (as well as Irfanview and other
non Linux photo editors).

DigiKam has recognised my Lightroom tags on the few .jpgs I have tried
but not on any of the RAW files.

I am running Digikam version 1.4.0, KDE 4.5.1, Ubuntu 10.10 on an
Inspiron 1525 laptop.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Francis

www.islandlight.ca