[Digikam-users] Digikam database

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Fri Feb 18 17:41:21 GMT 2011

I need to make sure I backup the Digikam database but there is no option
I've found for this in Digikam so I was just going to copy the file.
Then I found I have more than one database file apparently and I have no
idea now if this is correct or they have been left lying around from
when I started with Digikam and was experimenting. Having had a hardware
failure recently I need to make sure in future I do backup the
database(s) OK. I do already backup the photos.

Can someone please clarify the database structure. I am currently using 1.6.

Stuart
--
Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org