[Digikam-users] Converting to Monochrome

davidvj davidvincentjones at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:44:39 GMT 2011

DK has a perfectly good converter from color to monochrome, as long as one is
content to use one of the "film" model formats. There is unfortunately, as
far as I know, no reference to the RGB ratios that are used for each film
type and, in any case, my preference would be to be able to choose my own
RGB ratio depending on the look that I am trying to achieve.

The "Channel Mixer" appears to have all of the capabilities that are needed
to exactly do this job including a Monochrome switch to cut saturation ...
but it doesn't appear to work that way. As soon as I start to mess with the
values in Red for instance my image turns black despite boosting other
values. Maybe it just is not designed for such a use.

I would appreciate comments from others who are outputting Monochrome
imagery.

David